Sport Coaching Jobs in Ethiopia
Recently founded, Kelem International School (KIS) is an international school serving Pre-KG through Grade 10. It was first established in 1946 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, under the auspices of the Swedish Embassy. But on July 1st, 2019, the school changed and started functioning as a separate, non-profit organization.
Our goal at KIS is to create a collaborative learning environment in Ethiopia where each kid may develop into a self-assured, self-aware global citizen. Our goal is to help every child reach their full potential and develop resilient, curious, open-minded, reflective students who can effectively and confidently express themselves.
We place a high value on instructional strategies that help our students think critically, evaluate data, and solve issues creatively—thereby equipping them to adapt to a world that is changing all the time. Through the ongoing professional development of our committed teachers and staff, our school sets an example for children and instills in them the notion that learning is a lifetime endeavor.
Developing responsible and caring global citizens who have great regard and admiration for the cultural legacy of Ethiopia, our host nation, is one of our main objectives.
There are 200 students enrolled at this time, representing 28 different countries. Our kindergarten program follows the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC), while grades 1 through 10 follow the Finnish curriculum combined with international standards. We take great pride in the fact that the Cognia Global Commission has approved us as a fully accredited international school.
Summary of Job
The advancement of their trainees’ physical abilities, cerebral growth, and general sports knowledge will fall within the purview of coaches. In addition to making sure that students may earn the credentials required to continue their education in the After School Programme (ASP), they are in charge of the well-being of their charges.
• Coaching and Managing KIS Athletic Teams
• Ensuring kids compete according to their skill level
• Encouraging students to try out new sports
• Explain the safety precautions for each activity.
• Establish constructive connections with students and encourage a proactive, positive attitude towards studying to maintain high standards of behavior and organization.
• Create an atmosphere and surroundings that support kids’ social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth.
Observation and Evaluation
• Communicate with the department head and the learning support department in cases when a student could need special education assistance.
• Evaluate, document, and track each student’s development by faculty norms.
• Assessing the performance of the pupils
• Exhibit the abilities being taught; help pupils execute the abilities
• Encourage a professional, goal-oriented, and positive school sports culture.
• To serve as a primary point of contact for parents with questions about extra assistance needed at the school. to promote and maintain open channels of communication with parents on the need for further help.
• Oversee personal assistants who help students with special needs education to make sure they collaborate well with the pupils who have been assigned to them.
• Establish ties with organizations, institutions, and experts to explore potential partnerships.
• Giving parents thorough updates on their child’s development
• Put into practice the school’s policies on behavior, discipline, and school culture.
• Work together with other members of the leadership team at the school to develop and maintain initiatives that honor and celebrate accomplishments and ongoing improvement for students and families.
Answers to: Head Coach / PE Teacher
Works in tandem with the guidance and counseling office, school nurse, ASP team, assistant coaches, and admissions office.
Open from Monday through Friday. Weekends and after school hours (3:00–5:00 pm) (The schedule and program may change depending on enrolment.)
Qualifications for Education:
• Physical education (BEd, BSc, MSc) and associated subjects.
Experience at Work:
• Minimum 5 years of related experience.
How to Utilise
Applications: Interested candidates should send a letter of no more than two sides of A4 documenting their reason for applying and why they are qualified for the position, together with their most current CV. Three professional references, one of whom must be the candidate’s most recent supervisor or line manager, must have their names and complete contact information included in the CV. Contact with referees will only occur with their consent.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com or turned in in person at the school location shown below. Several background investigations will be necessary before the final selection, in addition to speaking with the professional references of the applicants.
Please be aware that Kelem International School (KIS) is dedicated to safer hiring procedures and all facets of safeguarding to guarantee that the school offers a secure environment for everyone.
- HR department
- The Charitable Organisation of Former Swedish Community School Parents (FSCSPCO)
- Street Dar Sahara, Kazanchis,
- Residence 9999/1
- Telephone: (251) 911-52-73 41
- Please be aware that only those who are selected will be contacted for further evaluation.
- Date of closure: October 20, 2023
To apply for this job please visit scsaddis.com.