Imagine1day International Organization Jobs in Ethiopia
Job Description: Imagine1day is a nonprofit development organization that is non-aligned and works to increase Ethiopians’ access to high-quality elementary education. The Imagine1day-Ethiopia Programme connects stakeholders and development partners via creative models to support national efforts to improve and guarantee universal quality primary education for Ethiopian children.
Role: Coordinator of Regional Human Resources and Administration
To: Regional Programme Manager (report)
Jobs Under this role’s direction: to be determined
Duration: One year, with the option to extend later
Duty Station: Afar Region (Semera), Amhara Region (Dasie), Oromia Region (Adama), and South Ethiopia (Arba Minch), with a 10% field visit to project locations
The day-to-day administrative and human resources operations for the regional office will be overseen, supported, and managed by the Human Resources and administration Officer (HR&O). carries out the organization’s overall human resources (HR) leadership; applies HR policies and procedures that are consistent with the organization’s strategic objectives, vision, and mission; guarantees the implementation of Imagine1day’s HR strategy; supports strategic leadership in recruiting, performance managing, developing, and retaining the right people in the right positions to ensure that Imagine1day successfully achieves its objectives; supports the regional manager in the area of HR functions (performance management, conflict management, recruitment, etc.); delivers pertinent and timely information about the deployment, competitiveness, and effectiveness of the organization’s HR; and participates in the organization’s overall leadership, representation, and strategic decisions.
Among the many roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and Retention: Examine and comprehend the various work units’ organizational frameworks.
- Offer guidance and support in creating job descriptions for open jobs.
- File requests for authorization related to HR hiring and contracting by the Authority Structure.
- Supervises the application of a hiring procedure.
- Examine job postings before posting, filter resumes, arrange phone interviews, organize interview teams, interview applicants themselves, and make sure all paperwork is gathered, documented, and filed.
- Leads orientation training sessions for new hires, including IOD HR rules, processes, and systems in addition to the organization’s vision, purpose, and values.
- Arrange prompt induction programs to effectively support new hires’ learning and assimilation into the people, systems, and procedures.
Record departure interviews.
- Verify that all workers and subcontractors are aware of the PSEA policy, reference checks, and criminal background checks, as well as the kid safety guidelines.
- Assure a comfortable and secure working environment for every employee.
- Compliance and Documentation:
• Assist the regional program manager with matters about human resources.
- Encourage organizational transformation while working with the top management group.
- Ensures that organizational structures take into account the demands for operations and IOD programs.
- Take part in the yearly evaluation of the HR Policy handbook and suggest revisions that are necessary for light of evolving labor legislation or local situations.
- Closely collaborate with other departments to help line managers comprehend and apply rules and procedures
- Oversee the office’s timesheets, making sure they are accurately completed, approved on time, and filed.
- Oversee employee health, insurance, and pension matters by Ethiopian labor laws, as well as the proclamation, directive, and policy of the Agency for Civil Society organization for private workers’ pensions.
- Control the use of yearly leave by employees, ensuring that there are no carryovers or unused time.
- Provide timely and consistent HR data to the Country office to ease the creation and distribution of HR reports.
- Automate the HR system to maintain an extensive personnel profile, ensure correct contract period management, and conform to HR Policy and labor legislation.
- Supports decision-making about hiring, benefits for employees, and other management matters.
Participates in the annual program operational planning; creates the annual personnel budget and updates the I1D regional employees’ cost allocation regularly; creates annual performance goals for the HR and Administration staff; coaches and performs performance reviews for staff in her/his department and others.
- Examine performance assessment instruments and provide revised copies to line managers for performance reviews.
- Remuneration and Benefits:
• Keep an eye on pay, making sure it complies with regulations and promotes internal fairness.
- Assist with job grading, analysis, and job description updates.
Participates in the INGOs HR network; conducts surveys on salaries and benefits to guarantee internal equality and the organization’s salary competitiveness in the local labor market; and proposes a logical pay scale.
- Payroll and Budget:
• Coordinate with the Finance department in the production of monthly Payroll
• Provide advice and help on suitable personnel levels and aid in budget development
• Review employee final payments for correctness and compliance with labor regulations.
• Manages all local insurance renewals and claims, including personnel insurance • Controls vehicle log sheets, reconciles used supplies, and prepares monthly reports
• Arranges all staff travel and lodging, training programs, and visitor arrangements~
• Supervises and offers management support for vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance
• Manages personnel insurance and renewals
- Ensures that items and inventory are properly received, documented, and stored;
• Coordinates the organization’s transportation and logistical requirements;
• Supports and communicates with all departments and regional offices about all procurement
- Manages all local procurement and deliveries by current I1D policies and procedures, including price and quality control, customs clearance, and purchase and stock status reports;
• Creates comprehensive monthly purchase and stock status reports and places purchase orders as necessary;
• Oversees store operations and those of the regional offices;
• Ensures regular performance of stock inventory and prepares periodic physical inventory reports;
• Oversees the management of comm
- Maintenance of Performance and Training and Development:
- Assess the need for staff growth and training, then provide suggestions.
- Manage the planning and execution of yearly performance evaluations.
- Employee Relations: Collaborate with regional management to provide a practical solution to employee relations problems.
Examine matters about employee relations and endeavor to guarantee that judgments about human resources are impartial and consistent.
- Carry out additional tasks that the regional program manager assigns you.
- Academic Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a comparable subject, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- • Relevant Work Experience: Three years of minimum experience in human resources, with experience in non-governmental organizations (NGOs) being preferable.
Additional Skills, Competencies, and Abilities Needed:
• Must be knowledgeable with national Human Resources rules and regulations.
- Capacity to collaborate with management to pragmatically evaluate complicated situations.
- Capacity to identify issues, gather information, assess circumstances, and reach judgments.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English as well as the native tongue.
- Capacity to communicate with and guide staff members at different levels.
- Excellent comprehension of confidentiality in the context of HR.
- Expert with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
How to Utilise
Candidates that meet the requirements may submit their resume, motivation letter, and credentials by using this link: To apply before or on October 23, 2023, at work, click this link.
We will only get in touch with those that are selected.
Imagine1Day won’t charge you for the processing of your application.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.